The British Society of Gerontology (BSG) is currently recruiting an Office Administrator. The BSG is the leading UK organisation aiming to enhance knowledge about ageing and later life. The Society provides a multidisciplinary forum for all those interested in the situations of older people, and in how knowledge about ageing and later life can be enhanced and improved. The BSG is a member of the Academy of Social Sciences.
An Office Administrator is required to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Society and its Executive Committee. Candidates must be self-employed and able to work from home.
Job title: Office Administrator
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £24,375 pro rata
Start date: Flexible
- Organise and coordinate the meetings of the Executive Committee
- Prepare and collate all reports and other documents required, and ensure these are distributed in good time for Executive Committee meetings
- Record the minutes of all Executive Committee meetings
- Support the Treasurer in the preparation of the annual accounts and other issues relating to finance
- Act as the office manager to ensure all administrative matters affecting the smooth running of the Society are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Act as a membership secretary to maintain subscriptions and membership initiatives
- Work with the Officers and Chairs on current and future strategy
- Support the Chairs of the strategy groups and ERA with their administrative tasks and related events
- Support the Editor of Generations Review (the society’s newsletter) in the production of the publication and the Members’ Bulletin (three times a year)
- Maintain the Society website
Personal attributes: To fulfill the role effectively, you will have excellent communication skills and high level of IT literacy, numeracy and literacy skills. You should take pride in work produced paying close attention to detail and being highly accurate. You should be proactive, a good problem-solver and demonstrate initiative.
For full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information or informal enquires contact: Dr Mary Pat Sullivan, 01895 268846 or email@example.com
To apply please send covering letter and CV addressed to Dr Mary Pat Sullivan to firstname.lastname@example.org