Vol. 24 No 1 (February 2014)
Generations Review welcomes new editor Charles Musselwhite who has introduced a new look newsletter with lots of great articles, including:
- Ben Spencer and Tim Jones look at active ageing and the potential cycling has as a mode of transport and fitness in later life
- Matt Roberts introduces a project at Swansea University looking at how we might measure positive aspects of the environment in rural areas
- Paul Willis talks about the provision of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender specific care homes
- Timothy Mason and Gordon Slack discuss issues surrounding a community support programme for those with symptoms of dementia
- Our International perspective comes from Sue Carnes Chichlowska and her experiences observing ageing in Malawi, Central Africa.
- There are two articles that examine shopping in later life, the first from Elizabeth A Evans. The second article from Mark Allen, Sarah Hillcoat-Nallétemby and Judith Phillips is the first of three looking at the interface between business and ageing and focuses on older people as consumers.
You can access the latest issue of GR via the BSG website
For information about GR and how to submit, please visit the Generations Review pages on the BSG website.